Sunday 1 June 2014

Crunchy Granola, sweet!

Whilst on the last Long Ride I realised how unfit I was, not grossly overweight, although I did look like I was 8 months pregnant.  It was during the long stretches that it was really highlighted how much fitness affects concentration.

With this in mind I thought it was time to do something about it and get ready for the next Long Ride, the goal to get down below 90 kilograms.

Setting myself this challenge I started on a fitness program, eating healthy and shedding some weight while hopefully building muscle mass similar to what I had in my twenties.  The fitness wasn't too much of a problem as long as I could stay motivated, it was the eating healthy that was a problem, eating crap was a favourite pastime of mine, especially breakfast.

To me eating something like granola was akin to eating freeze dried sawdust, this was going to be tough, until along came Jordan's Cereals.

Jordan's has been in the business of good food since the 1800's however, in the 1970's they discovered granola on trip to the United States and as they say in the classics, "the rest is history".

The Jordan brothers were convinced that the idea of granola would go down well at home in Britain,  who could resist a great tasting whole grain cereal that offered all the nutritional goodness that other producers were taking out?

They set about on a mission to convert Britain to wholegrain granola goodness. They bought a second-hand oven from an old bakery and converted it to toast the cereal. In 1972 the brothers created their own version of granola called “The Original Crunchy G” and then tirelessly toured country fairs selling it to a fast-growing group of converts until it was eventually taken up by health food shops and enlightened supermarkets.


Today the company makes more than 30 different healthy, natural and delicious cereals that are enjoyed by people in over 30 countries!
With this in mind I gave it a go and bloody hell it was good, really good.  It's now my breakfast of choice and even a great snack when a little hungry.

The Jordan's granola has helped me start getting into shape over the past few weeks and in fact have lost over 5% of my starting body weight.  It's hard work but rewarded with the knowledge I can have a bowl of Jordan's granola.  Check out their great range at jordanscereals.com/en-au

No comments:

Post a Comment